Date: 2nd of May 2017
Time: 6.30 p.m.
Location: Lakenheath Library
Present: Mary Dimond, Chris Howard, Marilyn Shone, Jean Reynolds.
1) Apologies for absence: Iain Frost
2) Minutes for March have been agreed and signed.
3) The Potter Party went very well with 26 people attending the event and 64 people using the library that day. Thank you must also go to Tracey Sismey for her help and assistance and Laura Mackie for the excellent cakes.
4) Finance: The Bank balance remains at £3583.53.
5) The closing date for the Suffolk Libraries survey is 8 May 2017. Update reminders to go on the Blog, Facebook and Lakenheath Community site.
The next community forum is Monday, 22 May at Ixworth Library. MS to confirm whether she can attend.
The new self-service machine is to be installed on 6th June 2017.
A mental health event is being held on Wednesday, 7 June 2017 from 2-4 p.m.
The AGM will be held on 23 May to start at 7.00 p.m. It was decided to have the meeting at the library. JR to arrange a display. MD and MS to organise their reports.
6) Library refurbishment: Points were made on the submitted plans and CH to discuss them with the Demco representative.
All are to reflect on the issues to be considered concerning quotes for work to be carried out to ensure a finite list.
7) The Reading Challenge for this Summer is to be Animal Agents. More details will be received, possibly late June.
To consider options for a new FOLK banner. Further discussion to be deferred until the next meeting.
8) Dates(s) of next meeting(s):
AGM: Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 7.00 p.m at Lakenheath Library.