Location: Lakenheath Library
Date: 7th of March 2017
Time: 6.30 pm
Present: Mary Dimond, Chris Howard, Marilyn Shone, Iain Frost, Jean Reynolds
(1) Apologies for absence: Jack Norman
(2) Minutes of last meeting agreed and signed.
(3) Library inspection went well and no issues were raised. A reminder was given regarding the coming May elections and any interaction with Councillors. A recent
e-mail from Daniel Harvey included a copy of the information sheet amongst other information.
Expenditure: £24.15 for iPad cases / £79.95 for water heater.
Income: £167.83 (not previously included in minutes) and £86.00.
Bank balance currently £3,583.53
(5) The budget reductions were agreed – £200,000. The server cabinet has now been removed. With grateful thanks to Jack Norman and Steph Andrews for undertaking this onerous task.
(6) Demco Interiors have been approached for design and costings. Representative came to the library on 2 March and the proposals should be with us sometime next week.
(7) Harry Potter Party was discussed and the next meeting will be devoted to finalising the details.
Book Sale: A two day sale (Friday/Saturday 30 March/1 April). Post-meeting it was decided not to arrange for the gazebo. Promotion of the event to be on the blog and Facebook, as well as posters.
(9) Dates(s) of Next Meeting(s):
21 March 2017 at 6.30 pm (amended from 14th)