The Friends of Lakenheath Library group was formed in Spring 2011 in response to a public meeting which was held in the village to draw the community’s attention to the much-publicised threat the Suffolk Library service was under due to major budgetary pressure.
The F.O.L.K.’s main aim is to ensure the continued survival of our library and promote it as a welcoming cultural centre for our village of Lakenheath in the west of the county of Suffolk.
To achieve this, we will:
- Increase the numbers of people using the Library
- Hold fundraising events associated with the Library
- Run regular events at the Library for local schoolchildren
- Provide news about our work via F.O.L.K. blog
- Write a monthly column in the Lakenheath Times
- Become a registered charity to generate revenue for the Library
- Encourage local people to join the Friends of Lakenheath Library